Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Calico Cat Bookshop in Ventura, California

Last Saturday afternoon, my husband & I enjoyed visiting downtown Ventura, California for a couple of hours. While we were there, we stopped by The Calico Cat Bookshop in the heart of downtown Ventura, California. The Calico Cat Bookshop is a small, quaint bookstore where used and rare books are both bought and sold.

The Calico Cat Bookshop Store Front
The Calico Cat Bookshop opened its doors in 1975 and was given the name due to the calico cat that inhabited the store for some years. According to their website, "The Calico Cat Bookshop is reminiscent of a classic European bookstore, with secondhand and collectible books, all in good condition."

Interior shot of The Calico Bookshop
Leather Bound Books
I enjoyed my time spent at The Calico Cat Bookshop. The staff seemed friendly enough and spent a nice amount of time answering customer questions. It was a busy afternoon in their shop and I was happy to see that there were plenty of customers perusing the bookshelves of an independent bookstore!

I saw many interesting books for sale, but resisted buying any more books to add to my collection!

Lastly, I'd like to add that you may find a few book titles from The Calico Cat Bookshop for sale online at both AbeBooks.com & Alibris.com. Visit The Calico Cat Bookshop link above and you will discover a tab on their website called "Find A Book", which will link you to the books that they are selling on both AbeBooks.com & Alibris.com.

2 comments:

  1. Since I've been saving up to travel around your beautiful country, I've been making a 'must-see' list of things to do and places to go... this one is one of the places I'll need to go once I land in San Fran... it'll be a nice bus ride down the coast to see it, but I don't mind. I Google-Earthed it and it looks like a nice place with all those palm trees. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. California, wouldn't be California, without the the sun, the beach, surf & an abundance of palm trees!

    When do you plan to make a visit to the USA?

    ReplyDelete