Friday, August 1, 2014

Friday Finds #44

Friday Finds is a book meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Friday Finds is a chance to share and show off the books you discovered during the week and would like to add to your reading list...

Or a place to simply feature the books you've actually purchased throughout the week and have added to your to be read pile!

I had a great week in terms of buying books!! I purchased eight books in all.

I purchased four books for a dollar each at a used bookstore in Dublin, California as follows:

Loser by Jerry Spinelli
Firegirl by Tony Abbot
Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
White is For Magic by Laurie Faria Stolarz

I also purchased two used books for a dollar each from the local library summer book sale this past weekend as well:

The Black Box by Michael Connelly
Fingersmith by Sarah Waters

And, lastly, two used paperback novels at another indie bookstore in town called Bay Books as follows:

Dr. Nightingale Rides the Elephant by Lydia Adamson
Instant Temptation by Jill Shalvis

Which books have you added to your reading list?

9 comments:

  1. Those library book sales are so dangerous! :-)
    I remember reading Number The Stars years ago--what a powerful book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, library sales are dangerous as well as clearance sections of used bookstores that offer deep discounts on books!!

      Glad you enjoyed Number the Stars... It does offer a powerful message, which I liked, but I didn't like the book overall. I've read other books on the same subject matter that I liked better.

      Delete
  2. Have fun reading The Cloister and the Hearth by Charles Reade with your reading group!!

    I have read only one Harry Bosch book and it wasn't the 1st in the series. I have The Black Box and another book in the series, to read at some point when I find the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love those sales. I get so many books that way.

    I've never read Lois Lowry, but she's definitely on my list of authors to read.

    Thanks for visiting The Book Connection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love reading The Giver by Lois Lowry a lot.

      Delete
  4. The Black Box sounds interesting, I got a 'Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' vibe from the synopsis. Here is my FF post for this week - http://www.ablondelibrarian.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/friday-finds-2.html x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Purchasing books for $1!!! My kind of book sale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too!! I've recently become a member of Good Reads and have entered many of their Giveaways in hopes of winning some free books!! Now that would be even better!!

      Delete