Sunday, August 24, 2014

Bout of Books Day 7 ~~ 5 Book Challenge!!

Bout of Books


Today is the last day of Bout of Books Read-A-Thon 11.0!! I've been having a blast with this read-a-thon. I've even finished my reading goals a day early and enjoyed participating in some of the challenges.

Today I'm excited about participating in the last challenge of Bout of Books 11.0 titled the 5 Book Challenge and is being hosted by Falling Down the Book Hole.

Here is the scenario and the rules for the 5 Book Challenge:

It is 11:00 PM on a Sunday night. You are laying in bed thinking about all of the things you must do the next day. Tasks of the coming days consume your thoughts and while your mind is somewhere else you are caught off guard by a flash in the sky that is followed by a large wailing screech that pierces the air and shatters your bedroom window. Slowly you move to the window and what you see catches your breathe and causes you to stumble back a few steps. The aliens (at least you think they are aliens) have began to enter the city and destroy everything that is in their path. Through the window your view is consumed with destruction, screaming people and large flames that are dancing across the city at a fast pace. You notice that the creatures are heading in your direction and you realize you probably have about fifteen minutes before they reach your home. That means you have only about ten minutes to gather your belongings and escape before you are caught in the attack from the aliens invading the city.


Given the short amount of time you are only able to take 5 books with you. What books would you pick to take with you as you escape and prepare for the end of the world. Would you choose books that would help you survive in the post-apocalyptic world, books for pleasure that would make you happy and take you to a fantasy reality or books that you can’t live without?

First off, I can't imagine only bringing 5 books with me!! There are so many different book titles I want to read... How do I select which ones to bring with me?? Well, here goes nothing! These are my book choices:

1. Gilt by Association by Tamar Myers --- I've been wanting to finish reading the Den of Antiquity series for sometime now and this is one of the three titles left for me to read in the series!

2. Baroque and Desperate by Tamar Myers --- I've been wanting to finish reading the Den of Antiquity series for sometime now and this is one of the three titles left for me to read in the series!

3. Death of a Rug Lord by Tamar Myers --- I've been wanting to finish reading the Den of Antiquity series for sometime now and this is one of the three titles left for me to read in the series!

4. The Master & Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov --- I read this novel years ago and loved it!! I've always wanted to reread it, so now is the time.

5. Pack of Two: The intricate bond between people and dogs by Caroline Knapp --- I love dogs!! The bond between dogs and humans is amazing so this book needs attention.

So, which five books would you bring along with you and why??

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you are enjoying the readathon :) I think The Master and Margarita is an excellent choice, I've read it thrice by now and discover new things every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Bout of Books Read-A-Thon was a lot of fun this round. I'm glad I met the reading goals I set for myself and enjoyed the mini challenges along the way!!

      Rereading books is fun and it always seems like you pick up stuff you missed.

      Delete