Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday -- Top Ten Books I'm Not Sure I Want To Read



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.


I recently moved from Southern California to Northern California, so I culled a large quantity of my books and donated them, gave them to friends, etc.... So, I do not have too many books left in my possession that I'm trying to decide whether or not to read!! It was actually pretty difficult on deciding which books to add to this week's list.

Here's my list of books that have me wondering whether TO READ OR NOT TO READ!!

1. The Son by Philipp Meyer

I bought this book to read for a local book group that I've decided to join since moving to Northern California.... The thing of it is that 'The Son' is not the usual type of novel I normally read. So, I've been putting off reading this book thus far. I'm hoping I'll have it read by the time the meet-up occurs.

2. White is For Magic by Laurie Faria Stolarz

This is a young adult novel I purchased on impulse for a dollar at a used bookstore. I enjoy reading young adult books and this one has good reviews. But I'm not sure if I'm still interested in reading this book. I didn't realize that 'White is For Magic' is the 2nd book in a series when I purchased it. I'm already reading involved with so many different book series that starting another one isn't appealing at this time.

3. Utsubora: The Story of a Novelist by Asumiko Nakamura

Manga is not a genre I normally read. In an effort to expand my reading horizons, I recently purchased this book. Will I end up reading it, even if I think it sounds great is another matter.

4. Wormwood by G. P. Taylor

A few years ago, 'Wormwood' sounded like a good book to read, so I had added it to my reading wishlist. But now I'm not so sure I want to read this book any longer... I received a hardback copy from someone, which was thoughtful, so I feel compelled to read this book now.

5. Peeling the Onion by Gunter Grass

I enjoy reading biographies and memoirs, which is the reason I initially purchased this audiobook. However, I've never read anything written by Nobel Prize author, Gunter Grass, before. So, for that reason, I've been putting off listening to this audiobook.

6. Circle of Quilters by Jennifer Chiaverini

I didn't actually purchase this audiobook. I exchange audiobooks with other audiobook listeners and this is a book I chose after exchanging one of my own audiobooks with another person. I'm not sure if I want to read it now or not.

7. Peeler by Gord Rollo

The horror genre is another genre I rarely read books from for the most part... So, in an effort to once again expand my reading horizons, I bought the 'Peeler'. It has excellent reviews, but it also sounds like it could be a bit gory/disturbing from the online reviews I've read. I'm not into gory, disturbing, or overly graphic when it comes to the horror. So, I may not be reading this book ever.

8. The Anteater of Death by Betty Webb

I didn't actually purchase this audiobook. I exchange audiobooks with other audiobook listeners and this is a book I chose after exchanging one of my own books with another person. I'm not sure if I want to read it now or not.

9.  Healing With Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford

I bought this nonfiction work several years ago. I've skimmed certain sections of this book, but I have not read it in its entirety. 'Healing With Whole Foods' is a massive book and kind of encyclopedic in nature, so it is not very conducive to reading cover to cover in my opinion. 

10. Gong Hee Fot Choy Book of Fortune: A Fortune-Telling Game by Margaret Ward

I bought this book for fun several years ago now. I'm not sure I take divination/fortune telling all that seriously, but thought it would be interesting (if not fun) to learn to "Foretell the future using a deck of regular playing cards and a divination game, which traces its origins to the principles of astrology and Chinese numerology."

No comments:

Post a Comment