Monday, August 17, 2020

Today is the 75th Anniversary of Animal Farm by George Orwell

I have never read Animal Farm by George Orwell. Maybe it is time that I make reading this classic novel a done deal!

Have you read Animal Farm by George Orwell? If you have read Animal Farm by George Orwell, what did you think of it?

By the way, I came across an interesting article on Mental Floss's website titled, 10 Facts About George Orwell's Animal Farm by Lucas Aykroyd. In the article, Lucas Aykroyd wrote the following:
On August 17, 1945, legendary British author George Orwell—who also penned 1984—published Animal Farm, a satirical allegory of Soviet Russia featuring animals who revolt against the farmer Mr. Jones and wind up in a pig-led Communist dictatorship. Orwell called Animal Farm “the first book in which I tried, with full consciousness of what I was doing, to fuse political purpose and artistic purpose into one whole.” It went on to find a spot on many school reading lists and cracked top-100 novel lists by Modern Library and TIME. 
Click the very top link to learn 10 facts about George Orwell's novel, Animal Farm.

12 comments:

  1. If was an absolutely brilliant book. It was a necessary book that, in away armed free people with a fictional text that helped arm us against authoritarianism. It wax also a terribly depressing book. I remember being down for days after reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is that depressing of a read, I may put off reading this novel for awhile then.

      Delete
  2. I liked 1984 better than Animal Farm, but maybe if I'd read Animal Farm first I would have preferred it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Animal Farm so many years ago that now I only remember bits and pieces and especially the overall atmosphere it created. I reread 1984 a couple of years ago. Maybe I should reread this one, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find rereading books, especially classic novels, to be interesting... I either enjoy them more the 2nd time around or not as much as I did the 1st time around.

      Delete
  4. I've actually never read Animal Farm.... I don't know why. I read 1984 and loved it. It's a brilliant piece of work so I assume I'll like this one too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully, you'll read Animal Farm at some point... I know It is on my bucket list of books to read.

      Delete
  5. Oh man, I think I read this back in high school. I don't remember the whole thing but I do remember the ending because it was pretty poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read it. I thought it was quite well done.

    ReplyDelete