Friday, August 14, 2020

The Brontes vs. Jane Austen: A conversation with Finola Austin & Natalie Jenner Hosted by Wellington Square Bookshop

Yesterday evening from 4-5:30pm, I enjoyed watching another live author event hosted by Wellington Square Bookshop titled, The Brontes vs. Jane Austen: A conversation with Finola Austin & Natalie Jenner.

This was a lovely author event to view, especially for fans of Jane Austen and the Brontes!!

The event description described The Brontes vs. Jane Austen: A conversation with Finola Austin & Natalie Jenner author event as follows: 

Two Books, Two Authors: Bronte's Mistress by Finola Austin & The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner

Finola and Natalie will discuss:

• Branwell Bronte's scandalous affair with an older woman, which inspired Finola's novel Bronte's Mistress

• What inspired Natalie to fictionalize the story of the Jane Austen Society's origins in her novel, The Jane Austen Society

• Their favorite (and least favorite) Austen and Bronte novels

• What drew them to the Brontes and Austen, and whether they'd ever consider going over to the other side.

 Have attended any online author events lately?

4 comments:

  1. I have been finding great author events on YouTube put on by Politics and Prose bookstore in DC. The other week I watched Olga Tokarczuk and her translator Jennifer Croft discuss Flights, a book I reviewed recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, that sounds like fun!! Lots of great videos on YouTube to watch. My hubby and I watch YouTube all the time verses regular tv.

      Delete
  2. What?! How did I miss this? I would have loved to attend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to remember if they said they'd be posting this event on YouTube?? I enjoyed watching these 2 authors converse.

      Delete