Monday, January 13, 2020

Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple



I listened to the unabridged audio version of Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple and narrated by Kathleen Wilhoite, which I downloaded from Audible. Listening time for Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple is 9 hours, 35 minutes.

Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple is the second book I've finished reading in 2020. It had been a novel I'd had on my reading wishlist for quite a while, so I'm so happy that I finally read Where'd You Go, Bernadette as I really enjoyed it a lot... I actually enjoyed this novel more than I thought I would. I now want to see the movie version of Where'd You Go, Bernadette... Even if the movie ends up not being as good as the novel.

I loved both the writing and the characters for Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple. Have you read Where'd You Go, Bernadette? If so, what did you think of it?

Below is the plot summary for Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple from Goodreads:
Bernadette Fox has vanished.
When her daughter Bee claims a family trip to Antarctica as a reward for perfect grades, Bernadette, a fiercely intelligent shut-in, throws herself into preparations for the trip. But worn down by years of trying to live the Seattle life she never wanted, Ms. Fox is on the brink of a meltdown. And after a school fundraiser goes disastrously awry at her hands, she disappears, leaving her family to pick up the pieces--which is exactly what Bee does, weaving together an elaborate web of emails, invoices, and school memos that reveals a secret past Bernadette has been hiding for decades. Where'd You Go Bernadette is an ingenious and unabashedly entertaining novel about a family coming to terms with who they are and the power of a daughter's love for her mother
I am giving Where'd You Go, Bernadette by Maria Semple a rating of 5 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

6 comments:

  1. I've read nothing but glowing reviews of this book so I assume it must be pretty darn good. Maybe that means I should read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book too. And recently I saw the movie and thought it did a good job of capturing the story.

    ReplyDelete