Sunday, September 28, 2014

Dr. Nightingale Rides the Elephant by Lydia Adamson

Dr. Nightingale Rides the Elephant by Lydia Adamson is the second cozy mystery novel in the Dr. Deirdre Quinn Nightingale Mystery Series.

I selected this novel because I like cozy mystery novels and also because it was on sale for 50 cents at a local used bookstore. I also happen to love elephants, so couldn't resist buying and reading this book for that reason as well.

Dr. Nightingale Rides the Elephant is the first novel I've ever read by Lydia Adamson and I wasn't impressed with this book at all. The main character, Dr. Didi Quinn Nightingale DVM, is annoying... She's easily ruffled and rude/impatient at times that seemed uncalled for during a particular scene or certain situation.

I also thought that Dr. Nightingale leapt to conclusions when she decided the 'accidents' at the circus were actually murders. She also draws conclusions without much evidence at times that makes it difficult to believe that can and does solve this murder.

Also, the ending of Dr. Nightingale Rides the Elephant was a let down and disappointment. The ending of this novel had so much potential to be much more appealing to the reader.

I don't plan on reading any other books in the Dr. Deirdre Quinn Nightingale Mystery Series. 

I am giving Dr. Nightingale Rides the Elephant by Lydia Adamson a rating of two stars out of ten stars. Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment