Tuesday, September 30, 2014

2014 Third Quarter Reading Update!

Wow, time for another quarterly reading update... Where has the time gone?? It seems like the older you grow the faster it goes!!

Lots of stuff has been going on this year for me including a big move from the Santa Barbara, California area earlier this year to San Ramon, California with my husband in mid-May. Four and a half months later, we've pretty much settled in, but are still growing use to our new environment.

Of course, reading books and listening to audiobooks has continued to play a big part of my life as always. Here's a quick recap of the past three months. I've read or listened to a total of 24 books this quarter!! This puts me at a total of 80 reads for 2014 so far. 

My favorite reads during the past quarter are as follows:

The Selkie Spell by Sophie Moss
Pure Sex by Lucinda Betts, Bonnie Edwards, & Sasha White
Loser by Jerry Spinelli
The Pluto Files by Neil deGrasse Tyson
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
Larger Than Life by Jodi Picoult

How is your year in reading going?

2 comments:

  1. I just finished Speak yesterday. I liked the narrative voice a LOT. It totally wasn't what I was expecting, but in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also enjoyed the narrative voice in Speak as well! I think that Laurie Halse Anderson captured the teenage voice very well.

      Thanks for stopping by and posting to my book blog!!

      Delete