Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Finds #11

Friday Finds is a book meme hosted by MizB at Should be Reading.
Friday Finds is a chance to share and show off the books you discovered during the week and would like to add to your reading list...

 

Or a place to simply feature the books you've actually purchased throughout the week and have added to your to be read pile!

This week, I purchased two books to add to my ever growing reading collection:

1) A Witch Before Dying by Heather Blake

I picked up this cozy mystery novel at our local FOL Used Bookstore as a Halloween read this year. However, it looks like I won't have time to read it before Halloween this year after all as I'm currently committed to reading three other books at the moment.

2) The Sherlockian by Graham Moore 

I received a gift certificate to an independent bookstore in Santa Barbara called Chaucers and used the gift certificate to buy the above trade paperback mystery novel. 

The interesting part for me in choosing this novel was that I decided to purchase a book title by an author I'd never heard of before verses buying a book from my current wishlist. I'm simply hoping The Sherlockian will be a good read!! 

3) Backseat Saints by Joshilyn Jackson

I'm currently listening to another Joshilyn Jackson novel titled 'The Girl Who Stopped Swimming', which I'm enjoying very much. So, when I saw 'Backseat Saints' at our local Friends of the Library Used Bookstore, I decided to buy it.

So, which new books have you added to your to be read pile these days?

No comments:

Post a Comment