Friday, April 12, 2013

BookBuyers Bookstore in Monterey, California

I enjoy visiting independent bookstores! While on a recent trip to Monterey, California with my husband last weekend, we had the opportunity to visit a used bookstore called BookBuyers. BookBuyers is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year, from 11am to 7pm. They offer free parking in a parking lot behind their storefront.

I enjoyed this small and charming bookstore with floor to ceiling bookshelves filled to the brim with used books! They offer a large variety of used books in good condition. The staff is helpful and friendly.

BookBuyers will buy both books and audiobooks for cash or trade credit, which is wonderful if you want to sell books you no longer want

During our time spent at BookBuyers, we even enjoyed meeting a very friendly dog named Sugar during our visit. I don't know if Sugar is the store mascot or not, but she was sweet to meet and she would frequently come out from behind the cash register area to greet customers. Gotta love well behaved pets at bookstores.

I found numerous books for sale that were on my wishlist at BookBuyers, but I only purchased a single used book during my visit. I have so many books to read here at home, that I didn't dare add too many more to my already large 'to be read' pile.

If you live in or near Monterey, California or just simply visiting Monterey, then I recommend a visit to BookBuyers Used Bookstore.

Until my next post, happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment