Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Jane Austen Stamps Go On Sale in the UK!!

Calling all Jane Austen Fans!! The Guardian recently published an article titled Jane Austen Stamps Go On Sale. In the article, it states the following:
A set of stamps featuring illustrations of Jane Austen novels goes on sale today, including newly-commissioned artwork depicting scenes from her books.

All six published novels are included in the new stamps, which are being issued to mark the 200th anniversary of Pride and Prejudice.
I'm not a stamp collector, nor have I ever read any of Jane Austen's novels. However, I still think it's pretty cool that postage stamps have been created to mark the 200th anniversary of Austen's novel 'Pride and Prejudice'.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy these books!! And I wish I could get my hands on these stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if it is possible to purchase these stamps online through the UK's postal system???

      I've purchased postage stamps through the USPS website, so it may be possible to do so through the UK's website. Mind you, I haven't checked to see if this possible or not.

      Delete