Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My 2013 Reading Goals!

Happy New Year to YOU!! Welcome to Captivated Reader!!

Since mid-December 2012, I've given some serious thought regarding my 2013 reading goals. After thoughtful contemplation, I've finally decided to commit to the following 2013 reading goals as follows:

I plan to read a total of forty books in 2013. This seems kinda of paltry considering that I finished reading 102 books this year alone and have a ginormous 'to be read' pile of books in my home. However, for me, it's all about quality verses quantity in 2013. I want to enjoy what I read, instead of rushing through books because I want to dwindle my ever growing 'to be read' pile of books.

I plan to read ten books this year that fall into the health, fitness, self-help/self-improvement genre, in an effort to make myself an even better person... Not that I'm not wonderful already, but there's always room for improvement, right?

I'm also planning to read ten nonfiction books that DO NOT fall into the health, fitness, self-help/self-improvement category.

I'll also be choosing ten fiction novels to read in 2013. I haven't decided on which ones yet, but I'm hoping to (perhaps) read a couple of lengthy classics that I have been wanting to read for far too long now -- Like the novels, Anna Karenina & The Grapes of Wrath.

Last, but not least, I'll select ten books given to me by various Bookcrossers and read them during 2013. This way, I may move them along to new readers!

Now, if I can only stop myself from purchasing anymore books for myself in 2013, I'll be thrilled! My 'to be read' pile has grown to overwhelming proportions at this point in time.

So, what are your reading goals for 2013? 

No comments:

Post a Comment