Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday --- 10 Wishes I'd Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

So here's my top 10 Wishes I'd Ask The Book Genie To Grant Me

1. I currently wish I was able to speed read so that I could read through books faster and ultimately read more books each year!

2. I would love to have a first edition autographed copy of East of Eden of John Steinbeck as it is my favorite novel that Steinbeck wrote.... Heck, why stop there?! I'd love to have signed first editions of books by all my favorite authors.

3. Host a dinner party with my favorite authors as my guests... Wouldn't that be a great way to get to know some of one's favorite authors?

4. Be BBF's with a few of my favorite authors!!

5. Be able to read advance copies of books written by my favorite authors before anyone else does.

6. Be able to write my own best-selling novel and have it made into a hit movie.

7. Have the perfect home library built to enjoy my ever growing book collection.

8. Travel the world to visit all the wonderful bookstores and libraries I've only read about online.

9. Stay at a few nights at The Library Hotel in New York, New York.

10. Build a larger vocabulary, so that I may rely less on having to look up the definition of a word in the dictionary.

21 comments:

  1. So wish for number 1, 7, and 8 too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely list! I'm especially feeling #8, since Sydney has so few!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so wish #2 also - I so wish I could read faster!!

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude! There's a Library Hotel in NY?! How have I never heard of this?!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh. I had no idea that The Library Hotel was a thing! I need to visit that place. It looks amazing! I'd also love to be able to go to bookstores that I've only heard about online... I would love to visit The Strand in New York since EVERYBODY talks about it. Great list!

    Jenna @ Reading with Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a library hotel?! The closest I've ever found was a part bar, part library in Beijing, but my friends wouldn't let me go in. Hmmm, maybe one of my wishes should have been for my friends to be more bookish!

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Library Hotel?? Haven't heard of it before! I would like to visit that :)
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I love the idea of traveling the world to visit bookstores and libraries! Awesome list!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Library hotel sounds so fantastic! Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice list! A home library... and yes to traveling the world to see bookstores/ libraries. How awesome would that be. I like the dinner party one too- imagine the cool conversations one could have. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really, really want to stay at the Library Hotel in NYC, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, I love all of these. I especially love being able to have dinner with your favorite authors. That would be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard of the Library Hotel. It sounds like such a cool place! And hey, that wish might be doable even without a book genie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to be able to read all my fave authors' books first!! That should've been on my list. I also would really like to be besties with a few of them! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. #6 has been a writing dream of mine for years! I like to cast actors for the roles of characters in my stories and make soundtracks as if my book were already a movie. I don't know how I didn't find out about the Library Hotel before just now, but thank you for introducing me to that locale!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes! The Library Hotel! How could I have forgotten about that?! Great list

    ReplyDelete
  17. Number 6 is me all over. But it has to be a good hit movie. And a bigger vocabulary would be amazing. Personally I know plenty of words, but I'm never quite sure of how to use them correctly, which is so frustrating sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm with you on the home library! I've read in books how people have whole rooms filled with books and they have floor to ceiling shelves with those slidey ladders... what I wouldn't give :D Also, a bigger vocabulary would be awesome! I try but there's only so many words I can remember at a time!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think a library will be on all of the lists this week, lol. The Library Hotel is amazing! I've never even heard of it before now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I don't know how I'd never heard of The Library Hotel, but a trip there has definitely made it on to my bucket list! Great choices for wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Traveling the world to see bookish things would be a DREAM. Oh, I can just imagine it- AND all the foreign Hunger Games editions I could pick up! And of course we all need huge libraries. And YES to #6- good call about adding in the movie deal! Such a fun list :)
    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete