Thursday, October 15, 2015

Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren

Unabridged Audio Edition
I've known about the character of Pippi Longstocking for years, but I've never read the book or even knew who the author of Pippi Longstocking was until recently.

Yesterday, I discovered that Audible's Daily Deal was the unabridged audio version of Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren and narrated by Christina Moore and was being sold for the low price of 99 cents. After listening to the audio sample of Pippi Longstocking on Audible, I decided to download and listen to it yesterday afternoon. Total playing time for Pippi Longstocking is 2 hours, 35 minutes.

I really enjoyed listening to the unabridged audio version of Pippi Londtocking by Astrid Lindgren. I thought that Christina Moore did a wonderful job narrating this audiobook.

I also enjoyed the characters of Pippi Longstocking along with Tommy and his sister Annika. Pippi Longstocking is quite an unconventional character and a free spirit. The chapters in Pippi Longstocking are short and highlight different adventures that take place throughout the novel itself. 

The only two complaints I have about Pippi Longstocking are as follows:

1. The abrupt ending this novel had was a disappointment.

2.  Towards the end of the last chapter in Pippi Longstocking, it mentions 'loaded guns', which made me feel a bit uneasy... I just didn't see any reason for the author to have brought up 'guns' as a topic in a children's book.

The following is the publisher's summary from Audible:
If you’ve ever dreamed about a life of absolute freedom, you’ll love this book. First published in 1950, Pippi Longstocking has given generations of kids a vision of days free from chores, bedtime hours, and homework. Now Christina Moore’s delightful unabridged narration gives new life to Pippi’s unconventional, free-spirited adventures.
I am giving Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren a rating of 3 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment