Saturday, October 17, 2015

I Love Yarn Day 2015!!


I learned that today is I Love Yarn Day through Craft Yarn Council. So, if you're a knitter, crocheter, or another type of yarn crafter then today is cause for celebration! Check out the websites above to learn more about I Love Yarn Day 2015 as there are contests to enter, free patterns available to download, and so much more.

I love my new found hobby of knitting. I enjoy the creative process of transforming skeins of yarn into something beautiful and useful. I am always amazed at how the finished product turns out once I finished knitting a project. I also find that knitting is a great way to relieve stress and unwind after a busy day or week, which is another wonderful perk of knitting.

As a newer knitter, I am always on the look out to learn how to improve and expand my knitting skills. Or simply read a book filled with stories about knitting, whether it be fiction or nonfiction. 

So, below is a list of ten books I would like to read about knitting:

Knitting Yarns: Writers on Knitting by Ann Hood
The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood
Knitting Rules!: The Yarn Harlot's Bag of Knitting Tricks by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics by Debbie Stoller
Lace One-Skein Wonders®: 101 Projects Celebrating the Possibilities of Lace by Judith Durant
Knit Your Socks on Straight: A New and Inventive Technique with Just Two Needles by Alice Curtis
Knit Kimono by Vicki Square

Are you a knitter or crocheter? If so, which books have been a valuable resource for you in learning about and/or improving your craft?

No comments:

Post a Comment