Tuesday, October 23, 2012

15 Postcards From Famous Authors!

Not only am I an avid reader and lover of books, but I'm also an avid collector of postcards. I love collecting postcards from various cities & states in my own country as well as postcards from around the world. 

I've actually been collecting postcards for over 30 years now. I can't remember exactly when or what age I began collecting postcards. But, I must have been between 10 to 12 years old and like any child of that age, I loved receiving items addressed to me in our mailbox. Relatives periodically sent me postcards in the mail and thus my collection of postcards began.  

I now have countless postcards in my collection. Many of the postcards I've purchased for myself and plenty of them I've been sent to me in the mail by other friends and family members. I've recently discovered and joined Postcrossing, so now I've begun exchanging postcards with people from around the world.

I came across an article on Flavorwire by Emily Temple titled 15 Postcards From Famous Authors. I couldn't wait to read this article as it combined my love of postcards & the fabulous authors who write the wonderful books we read! It was fun to see the actual handwriting of these authors on the back of each postcard.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! We're such kindred spirits!! I've been collecting postcards since I was five years old. I have quite the collection. And I started Postcrossing a few years ago. I've gotten a few really unique ones, but I love the ones I get from people I know the best.

    It's such a fun thing to collect, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do seem to be kindred spirits :-)! I love collecting postcards and ones sent to me by family & friends are the best. My husband's cousin lives in Hong Kong and she gave me several postcards from Hong Kong, China and other postcards from around Asia and I was thrilled!!

      My husband has been after me to find a way to display some of my postcard collection in a unique as I have some cool postcards. But I have to sit down and do so. Maybe sometime next year?

      Delete