Sunday, October 7, 2012

Gotta Love Those Female Villains!!

Warren Adler wrote an article for the Huffington Post titled Female Villains: 10 Evil Women In Literature, which I enjoyed reading for two reasons:

1) Usually, there isn't much of a spotlight shining on the subject of 'evil women in literature'. So, I enjoyed reading which female villains in literature made the list! Some of the female villains were new to me, but most of them I'd heard of before.

2) Cathy Ames, my favorite female villain in literature from John Steinbeck's East of Eden, made the top ten list of evil women in literature.

Who is your favorite female villain in literature?

4 comments:

  1. Ooooooh! Mine's gotta be the Grandmother from 'Flowers in the Attic'... how she treats those four children is just dreadful! And then, when their mother abandons them - without their knowledge - she then tries to kill them off by feeding them donuts laced with arsenic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the grandmother from 'Flowers in the Attic' was horrific. I'd forgotten about her.

      Delete
    2. Told my niece about the storyline of the book and she went very, very quiet asking if it was really based on a true story... I said it was unfortunately.

      My brother couldn't believe it; neither could his fiance. :(

      Delete
    3. I never realized that Flowers in the Attic was based o a true story. I mean, the story is so horrific, who would think it was based on a true story?!

      Delete