Monday, October 15, 2012

Which Books Would Neil DeGrasse Tyson Recommend?

From the Open Culture website, I came across an article about which books astrophysicist & director of the Hayden Planetarium Neil deGrasse Tyson would recommend. The article is titled Lists 8 (Free) Books Every Intelligent Person Should Read.

Apparently, "A Reddit.com user posed the question to Neil deGrasse Tyson: 'Which books should be read by every single intelligent person on the planet?'”, which is how I'm assuming this particular article received its title.

After providing his list of book recommendations, Neil deGrasse Tyson is quoted as saying: “If you read all of the above works you will glean profound insight into most of what has driven the history of the western world.”

Checkout the 8 (Free) books Neil deGrasse Tyson recommends by clicking on the link above!

2 comments:

  1. I've read 'The Art of War' and just when I was coming to the great parts in it - near the back - I had the neighbour's kids (who were around 25 years old and should have known better) destroying my front garden. I simply stood at my front door smiling evilly at them saying: 'A good general feeds off his enemy." Boy! Did that infuriate them!
    With each day I learned more from the book, I used the learnings against the 25 year old and she became more angry and screamed louder... funny as hell! :D

    Her father eventually asked me what the heck I was doing and I told him I had read 'The Art of War' and he turned to her and shrugged saying, 'Well, she's one up on both of us... that's like being a chess champion, honey.'

    ReplyDelete