Thursday, October 25, 2012

Kidnapped: The Abduction by Gordon Korman

I enjoyed listening to the unabridged version of Kidnapped: The Abduction by Gordon Korman on three audio compact discs. Kidnapped: The Abduction is the first novel in a trilogy that is geared for kids aged 8 years old and up.

Kidnapped: The Abduction is my 1st experience reading anything written by Gordon Korman. I enjoyed this book because it is fast paced, engaging, and well written. The characters are well developed. I also enjoyed that this book features, Aiden & Meg, a brother and sister duo who are close knit siblings. They're smart and resourceful kids who seem to be able to outsmart the bad guys. Aiden & Meg are positive role models for kids. 

Additionally, I enjoyed the shifting points of view between Aiden & Meg from chapter to chapter as this allowed the reader to know what was going on with each character and what they were thinking throughout the novel.

I also loved listening to Kidnapped: The Abduction as an audiobook. The dramatic readers of this novel did an excellent job of bringing to life the story and the characters. 

Here's a book description of Kidnapped: The Abduction from Amazon:
It's every brother's worst fear: As Aiden and his sister Meg are walking home from school one day, a van pulls over and Meg is kidnapped. There's no way for Aiden to stop it from happening. He's the only witness to his sister's disappearance.
Why has Meg been kidnapped? Is it for ransom? As a vendetta against Meg and Aiden's parents? Or is there an even bigger conspiracy at work?
While Meg fends off her kidnappers and plans an escape, Aiden must team up with the FBI to try to find her--tracking down clues only a brother could recognize. 
Until my next post, happy reading!!

2 comments:

  1. I love Gordon Korman's books, but I hate reading trilogies. I'm sure I'm missing out on some good stuff, but I have to almost force myself to pick up something that says "Book One."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trilogies are hugely popular as you already know... If the series is a good one, then I don't mind reading the entire trilogy. I don't necessarily mind trilogies or any other series of works... My only very minor complainant is that any series does keep one from discovering other great books out there on the market. But I guess that would be the idea, wouldn't it??

      Delete