Monday, October 1, 2012

Banned Books Week Meme

Banned Books Week 2012
 
This year marks the 30th year celebrating the freedom to read!!

Do you read banned books? 

Yes, of course, I do!

Are you planing to read a banned book during Banned Books Week? If so, which one? 

Yes, I'm planning to read The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie during Banned Books Week.

Do you have a favorite banned book? 

I don't have a favorite banned book. I've enjoyed all the banned books I've read to date, so it is difficult to pick a favorite one.

Why is Banned Books Week important to you?  

For me, Banned Books Week celebrates the freedom to read what I want to read. It's the fight against censorship and those individuals or groups that want books to be censored or removed from libraries, schools, and so on.

How will you be promoting Banned Books Week this year?  

I plan on promoting Banned Book Week this year by making daily posts to my blog about topics that are relevant to Banned Books Week and the topic of banned books in general. 

I'll also be wearing a Banned Books Week tee shirt during Banned Books Week. 

I've also started a Banned Books Week Reading Challenge on Bookcrossing and also here on my blog. Click on either of the above links to join and participate in the Banned Books Week Reading Challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment