Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Top Ten Tuesday - Authors I've Met


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

I've met more than ten authors in person at either book signings at indie bookstores or at book festivals. Below are the first ten authors that came to mind.

1. Thomas Steinbeck

2. Garth Stein

3. Lisa See

4. Roxane Gay

5. Judy Blume

6. Tayari Jones

7. Joyce Carol Oates

8. Sherman Alexie

9. Viet Thanh Nguyen

10. Amy Stewart

Do you have a favorite author experience? For me, meeting Thomas Steinbeck (son of John Steinbeck) was a real treat! My husband and I attended a literary event in Santa Barbara, California. It ends up that we were sitting right next to Thomas Steinbeck and his wife, Gail! We also met Thomas Steinbeck a second time at an indie bookstore in Santa Barbara as well. I have three signed books by Thomas Steinbeck, which I will cherish forever!

2 comments:

  1. Judy Blume is a good pick! I hope she was as lovely as I’ve imagined her to be. :)

    ReplyDelete