Friday, September 11, 2026

Seaside Secrets by Cindy Bell

 


Last month, I listened to the unabridged audio version of
Seaside Secrets by Cindy Bell, which was well narrated by Sara Morsey. Seaside Secrets by Cindy Bell is the first cozy mystery novel in the 'Dune House Series'. 

Seaside Secrets by Cindy Bell is a short, light listen and was a perfect pick after listening to Therese Raquin by Emile Zola. I adore cozy mystery novels! Seaside Secrets was a decent cozy mystery novel. Not great, but good enough as a palate cleanser after listening to a heavier classic novel.

The storyline for Seaside Secrets is fun and to the point. I liked the main characters quite a bit. It was easy to guess the killer as there weren't that many characters in this book to begin with. It would have been nicer to have more characters and red herrings to keep a reader guessing as to whodunnit.

Below is the publisher's summary for Seaside Secrets by Cindy Bell from Chirp's website:
When Suzie inherits a neglected beach house from her estranged uncle, she and her best friend decide to restore the property to its former status as a charming bed-and-breakfast — but as they start renovations, evidence emerges of foul play in Suzie’s uncle’s death. Can they nail a killer before someone has deadly designs on their lives?
I am giving Seaside Secrets by Cindy Bell a rating of 3 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment