Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Honeysuckle Cottage by P. G. Wodehouse

 


Back in 2014, I listened to the audio version of My Man Jeeves by P. G. Wodehouse and reviewed this book on my blog.

Last month, I came across the free audio version of Honeysuckle Cottage by P. G. Wodehouse on YouTube and narrated by Tony Walker. So, I decided to give another book by P.G. Wodehouse a try. I wasn't disappointed! Tony Walker is a fabulous narrator and his YouTube channel offers plenty of classic stories that he narrates very well.

P. G. Wodehouse is an entertaining writer and I found Honeysuckle Cottage to be an amusing and charming read. Honeysuckle Cottage is a short listen, which I highly recommend.

Below is the summary for Honeysuckle Cottage by P. G. Wodehouse from Goodreads's website:

Hardboiled crime writer James Rodman assumes his luck is in when he inherits Honeysuckle Cottage. But there’s a catch. He also inherits his dearly departed Aunt Leila – who is determined to soften her nephew’s cynical ways, even from beyond the grave…

Click above video link to listen to Honeysuckle Cottage by P. G. Wodehouse. If you like the narration, then you can subscribe to Tony Walker's YouTube channel and listen to other free classics he narrates.

I am giving Honeysuckle Cottage by P. G. Wodehouse a rating of 4 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

4 comments:

  1. I used to love reading Wodehouse. I can't remember if I ever read this particular one - they all sort of blend together years later. I imagine listening to his stories is a completely delightful experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to read more of his works in the future.

      Delete
  2. This sounds very entertaining. But then Wodehouse always makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete