Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Cartomancy - Fortune Telling With Playing Cards by Julian Moore

 


I've been interested in learning cartomancy in its various forms from tarot, lenormand, and even with regular playing cards for several years now. With this in mind, I decided to read a cartomancy book back in December 2019 that was good in many ways, but it left me with more questions on how to be more proficient on giving readings with a regular deck of playing cards.

So, I purchased the eBook edition of Cartomancy - Fortune Telling With Playing Cards by Julian Moore from Amazon and read it via my Kindle app. Cartomancy - Fortune Telling With Playing Cards by Julian Moore is 114 pages in length for the ebook edition and is worth every penny. I love most everything about this cartomancy book!! 

Cartomancy - Fortune Telling With Playing Cards by Julian Moore quickly dives in to learning how to read playing cards. The author asks readers to purchased two playing card decks. One playing card deck will be become a working/learning deck where you put the meanings for each suit and the meanings for each of the cards, ace through king, on the face of each card and use it as a practice deck until you become proficient with each card's meaning. Once you become proficient using your working deck, you transition to using the normal, unmarked deck. I love this idea of making a working deck to use while learning to read playing cards and to also keep as a refresher deck if you haven't given a card reading in a while.

Additionally, I loved the quizzes at the end of most of the chapters to help solidify the knowledge given in each chapter. Also, practicing card readings on ones own seems to be one of the best ways to learn how to read playing cards. 

Each chapter in Cartomancy - Fortune Telling With Playing Cards builds on one another to add another layer to ones understanding of reading playing cards. There are also tips given by the author as well as action steps to take to help build ones knowledge base for giving playing card readings. 

I also enjoyed reading later chapters where the author gives the meanings for three card readings, which was awesome. The last few chapters were tips on how to give playing card readings and also how to do larger card readings beyond the three card spread. The information on how to give larger card readings was a bit unclear to me. I wish photos of these spreads and a bit more detail were given about them. Otherwise I think Cartomancy - Fortune Telling With Playing Cards was a fabulous read on how to give playing card readings for oneself and others. I highly recommend Cartomancy - Fortune Telling With Playing Cards by Julian Moore as a way to learn to read playing cards.

Now to practice, practice, practice learning and giving playing card readings!!

I am giving Cartomancy - Fortune Telling With Playing Cards by Julian Moore a rating of 4.5 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

2 comments:

  1. I had a friend in college who practiced cartomancy. I have no idea whether she was any good at it but we had a lot of fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be fun to see how good a playing card reader someone is or becomes over time.

      Delete