Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Top Ten Tuesday - Books Written Before I Was Born That I Still Would Like to Read



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader GirlTop Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Below are 10 books that were published before I was born that I would still like to read:

We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoevsky
Slouching Towards Bethlehem by Joan Didion
Jubilee by Margaret Walker
A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
The Collector by John Fowles
1984 by George Orwell

Which books published before you were born would you still like to read?

24 comments:

  1. Nice picks! I read one of these!


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, you read one of the books from my TTT post!! I think this is a first!!

      Delete
  2. Interesting list. Thanks. I read five of your books (3,4,5,8,10)

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. I have read four on your list. I hope to read A Tale of Two Cities this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading your review of A Tale of Two Cities should you read it this year.

      Delete
    2. I'm sure you will both love it. I'm a huge Dickens fan and I like all his books. But this one is really, really, great. A little different from his other novels.

      Delete
    3. Looking forward to reading it myself too... Thanks for the heads up on A Tale of Two Cities.

      Delete
  4. 1984 was a very good read. Enjoy.

    My post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any of these either, but I also would like to read WE HAVE ALWAYS LIVED IN THE CASTLE. It sounds super creepy!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you that We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson sounds creepy!

      Delete
  6. I still need to read We Have Always Lived in the Castle, too! I've heard it's good. I really enjoyed 1984, and I highly recommend it. Hope you get a chance to read these!

    Here's my TTT post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  7. Ooh Journey to the Center of the Earth- that's right up my alley. :) I loved the old movie growing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read both 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and the Mysterious Island by Jules Verne and enjoyed both books... So, I look forward to reading Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne.

      Delete
  8. Ooh! I really need to read 1984! Great list!

    Here’s my TTT!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  9. Great list! I haven't read any of these, but I've heard excellent things about Joan Didion's work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  11. That's quite a remarkable list of books. I have actually read four of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete