Sunday, February 14, 2021

Stop the Wedding! by Stephanie Bond

 

I decided to squeeze in a couple of romance reads during the month of February in honor of Valentine's Day. I chose to read the ebook edition of Stop the Wedding! by Stephanie Bond, which is billed as a romantic comedy and is roughly 179 pages in length.

I was able to download Stop the Wedding! by Stephanie Bond for FREE from Amazon. Below is my unbiased review of Stop the Wedding!

The storyline, characters, and writing for Stop the Wedding! by Stephanie Bond were good overall, which is the main reason/draw for why I chose to read this short romance novel. 

However, the BIGGEST issue I have for Stop the Wedding! by Stephanie Bond (and other romance novels like it), is the predictable, formulaic storyline for this genre and all the drama and misunderstandings that occur between the main characters before they finally find their everlasting love/happy ending. 

Part of me definitely loves romance novels and happily ever after endings in novels... it's just the predictable, formulaic storyline and all that goes with it that I have an issue with for so many romance novels. Additionally, I wouldn't classify Stop the Wedding! by Stephanie Bond as a romantic comedy... romance novel, yes, comedy, no!!

Below is a summary for Stop the Wedding! by Stephanie Bond from Goodreads:
In this never-before-in-print romantic comedy, Annabelle Coakley and Clay Castleberry are determined to stop their parents from getting married...they didn't count on falling in love themselves!

I am giving Stop the Wedding! by Stephanie Bond a rating of 2 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my nest post, happy reading!

2 comments:

  1. I so agree with you about the formulaic aspects of romance novels. I salute you for giving the genre a chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish romance writers would shake up their genre and not be so formulaic!! But maybe that's what romance readers expect/demand?

      Delete