Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday - FREEBIE - My Top Ten Favorite Nonfiction Books About Animals



Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader GirlTop Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

I enjoy reading nonfiction books about animals. Below are ten books I've really enjoyed reading about animals in recent years.

1. Animals in Translation: Using the Mysteries of Autism to Decode Animal Behavior by Temple Grandin
2. Alex & Me: How a Scientist and a Parrot Discovered a Hidden World of Animal Intelligence—and Formed a Deep Bond in the Process by Irene M. Pepperberg
3. Wesley the Owl: The Remarkable Love Story of an Owl and His Girl by Stacey O'Brien
4. The Parrot Who Owned Me
: The Story of a Relationship by Joanna Burger
5. Cat Daddy: What the World's Most Incorrigible Cat Taught Me About Life, Love, and Coming Clean by Jackson Galaxy
6. Grayson by Lynne Cox
7. Pack of Two: The Intricate Bond Between People and Dogs by Caroline Knapp
8 The Elephant Whisperer by Lawrence Anthony
9. The Wild Parrots of Telegraph Hill: A Love Story . . . with Wings by Mark Bittner
10. Making the Rounds with Oscar: The Inspirational Story of a Doctor, His Patients and a Very Special Cat by Dr. David Dosa

Please share with me a few of your favorite nonfiction books about animals in the comment section below as I'm always on the look out for good books!!

20 comments:

  1. Nice picks! I don't think I've read any animal books outside the storybooks from my early days.


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  2. What a lovely idea for this week. I haven't read any of them but they all sound very inspiring.

    Thanks for visiting my blog earlier. My TTT is about debut novels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  3. Fun list! Wesley the Owl and The Elephant Whisperer are the two that intrigue me the most. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, I love nonfiction books about animals. This post was wonderful.

    My TTT .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll bet the autism book is fascinating, and I love reading about cats and dogs too. Looks like a good mix of books. :)

    ReplyDelete

  6. Great idea for a topic! I don't usually read books about animals, but these sound interesting. Here's my TTT list this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  7. I don't think I have read non-fiction about animals. I should try one of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  8. I haven’t read much nonfiction about animals, but I loved Gary Paulsen’s memoirs about the dogs he’s owned. You really get to know their personalities.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion... I will look into Gary Paulsen’s memoirs about the dogs he’s owned.

      Delete
  9. Ooh! Fantastic and little-discussed topic. I love reading nonfiction about animals too, though said reading is usually limited to cat/dog memoirs and horses. I recognize several of these titles -- enough to declare them all great picks -- but haven't actually gotten around to reading any of them. I will, however, leave you a few recs!

    -The Dog Who Rescues Cats by Philip Gonzalez

    -Last Dog on the Hill: The Extraordinary Life of Lou by Steve Duno

    -Cloud: Wild Stallion of the Rockies by Ginger Kathrens

    -The Horse Lover: A Cowboy's Quest to Save the Wild Mustangs - H. Alan Day

    -Kitty Cornered: How Frannie and Five Other Incorrigible Cats Seized Control of Our House and Made It Their Home - Bob Tarte

    -The Zoo That Never Was by R.D. Lawrence

    OK. Cutting myself off SOMEWHERE or this list is gonna be 100 titles long.

    ReplyDelete