Monday, July 13, 2015

Murder In Wonderland by Leslie Leigh

I recently read Murder In Wonderland (An Allie Griffin Mysteries) by Leslie Leigh. This is the first novel in a cozy mystery series and is approximately 134 pages in length. I was able to download this book to my Kindle for FREE from Amazon. Below is my honest review of Murder In Wonderland by Leslie Leigh.

I thought that Murder In Wonderland was a good first novel in a series. Even though I didn't personally enjoy reading Alice's Adventure In Wonderland & Through The Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll, I did like how Leslie Leigh makes many references to both Lewis Carroll novels in her novel. 

The start of Murder In Wonderland felt a bit bit bumpy to me, but soon the rhythm and flow of this novel picked up and became an entertaining novel through to the end. I did like the leading character of Allie Griffin and felt she made a very good amateur sleuth... I also enjoyed the storyline and other characters in Murder In Wonderland too.

The following is summary of Murder In Wonderland by Leslie Leigh from the Amazon website:
It's the 150th anniversary of the publication of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Allie Griffin, a middle-aged widow with a little too much time on her hands, is hosting a book club to celebrate. Things go worse than she could possibly imagine when, at the very first meeting, wealthy socialite Victoria Cardinal drops stone dead onto the floor – poisoned.

Allie immediately sets out to find out whodunit and why. Meanwhile, standing in her way is a motley assortment of characters, all residents of tiny Verdenier, Vermont, a quaint little town that holds a great deal of secrets. Also hindering her progress is Detective Harry Tomlin, a hard-nosed cop who has his eye on Allie as suspect number one.

Could the answer to the mystery lie within the pages of her beloved Alice? Join smart, sassy Allie Griffin as she dons her sleuth hat for the first time, determined to solve the case, and save her good name.
I am giving Murder In Wonderland by Leslie Leigh a rating of 3 stars out of 5 stars. I hope you have the chance to read this cozy mystery novel and enjoy reading it too.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment