Sunday, September 30, 2012

Celebrate Banned Books Week!! Read A Banned Book!!

Today is the 1st day of Banned Books Weeks, which takes place this year from September 30th through October 6th. This year also marks the 30th year celebrating the Freedom to Read!! Join in the celebration by reading a banned or challenged book this week. Fight censorship!!

This year Bill & Judith Moyers are Honorary Chairs for Banned Books Week 30th Anniversary. Watch the following video message from Bill Moyers about censorship!



I've started a Banned Books Week Reading Challenge, so please join and share which book you'll be reading this week for Banned Books Week 2012.

I'll be posting more banned books related topics throughout this week, so stay tuned! Until my next post, I'll be busy reading a banned book and I hope you will be too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment