Thursday, April 21, 2022

Chirp Audiobooks - A Review

 


I am ADDICTED to audiobooks!! In fact, ALL of the 27 books I've read this year in 2022, have been audiobooks... That's if you consider listening to audiobooks reading, which I certainly do.

Here's a short history of my audiobook listening experience before I share my review of Chirp. 

I initially began my experience of listening to audiobooks on cassette tape WAY back in the day. Granted I didn't listen to audiobooks all that frequently during this time frame. I eventually moved on to listening to audiobooks on compact disc. I didn't immediately fall in love with audiobooks as buying them on cassette tape and compact disc could be very pricey. Plus, I loved reading physical books more than listening to them at the time.

Slowly, I began to fall in love with listening to audiobooks and eventually became a staunch Audible member around 2014. From there, I used Audible's services almost exclusively for a number of years with an occasional audiobook on compact disc mixed in here and there.

Then in January of 2021, I first learned about Chirp and wrote a blog post about Chirp here on my blog. I was already using Audible heavily in 2021 as I'd received 12 credits/ renewed membership to Audible from my husband for Christmas in 2020. Long story short, Chirp wasn't even something I wanted to use/try at that time as my audiobook needs were being met through Audible.

However, I decided to let my Audible subscription membership lapse at the end of 2021 as I already have so many physical books, ebooks, and audiobooks to read that I thought it would be a nice change of pace to take a year off from Audible.

Then in March of this year, I remembered learning about Chirp last year. I was curious about Chirps's audiobook service, so I decided to give them a shot by trying them out last month. I downloaded the free Chirp app to my iPad and listened to my very first audiobook download, Murder Most Pemberley by Jessica Berg, a cozy mystery novel that is the first novel in a series. I was able to purchase Murder Most Pemberley by Jessica Berg for 99 cents as part of Chirps limited time deals.

After listening to Murder Most Pemberley by Jessica Berg on the Chirp app and having a positive experience with using the Chirp app, I decided to download several more books and have listened to a total of 16 books with no glitches using the Chirp app. Quite frankly, I've fallen in love with Chirp and become addicted to their service. I've downloaded more than 45 audiobooks in all.

So, what do I love about Chirp audiobooks? NO SUBSCRIPTION FEE is the biggest perk for me!! Limited Time Deals on audiobooks where one can save up to 95% off the price of an audiobook and Money-back guarantee feature (although I have not had to use this feature to date). 

All of the audiobooks I have purchased from Chirp have been one of their limited time deals. I enjoy not paying full price for books. Plus, I've discovered many new to me authors and also acquired many of my wishlist books through buying audiobooks through Chirp's limited time deals. I am DEFINITELY a Chirp convert for sure! I recommend Chirp to those that enjoy listening to audiobooks.

7 comments:

  1. It's great that you have found this excellent source for audiobooks. I confess I'm not much into audiobooks myself, preferring the written word. But they are terrific for when we are on road trips. I really appreciate them then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, audiobooks are great for when one is traveling!

      Delete
  2. I definitely consider listening to audiobooks reading! I always have one going - I love listening to them while driving, doing housework, and exercising. It's only been recently that I've really discovered them and I'm so glad I did :)

    Susan
    www.blogginboutbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy listening to audiobooks while doing other tasks too. It seems like I am able to finish reading more books this way.

      Delete
  3. Nice to see you on here still!!! I've never heard of Chirp. I am currently using Audible and Libby. I love Libby but I am thinking of suspending Audible. I should give Chirp a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I miss blogging and interacting with other bloggers/readers, but I experienced blogging burnout and needed some time off. I currently don't have a lot of time for blogging these days and my crps is still an issue. But otherwise life is good. I hope all is well with you.

      I haven't tried Libby yet. I am also still on hiatus from Audible, but I am still heavily using Chirp!

      Delete
    2. Blog burnout sucks but I am glad that life is treating you well. Hopefully your crps improves and that you're not in constant pain. <3

      Delete