Tuesday, February 26, 2019

I've Had A Reading Slump This Month!!

I've had a reading slump this month for a few reasons. The first reason is I have been out of town the entire month of February visiting family. So, I've been busy spending more time having fun with family members verses reading books. The second reason I've had a reading slump is because I had three back to back books that I didn't end up finishing because they didn't keep my interest. And thirdly, the few additional books I had on hand simply ended up not sounding like books I wanted to read after all.

I'll be returning home in March. I am confident my reading mojo will return once I settle into my daily routine. I've enjoyed spending time with my family, but I've also missed reading my usual amount of books per month. Reading is a major source of entertainment for me and also a way for me to relax.

Have you had a reading slump? How have you dealt with it?

6 comments:

  1. Reading slumps are the worst! I have not had a serious one for quite a while, thank the book gods. As far as dealing with one, it seems that all it takes is one really great book that you love without reservation to break the spell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for leaving me a comment! I think you're right, one good book to break the spell will do the trick!

      Delete
  2. I seem to get into a massive reading slump for at least two months each year. Like with what happened with you, I look at the books on my list and I just don't want to invest myself in them. Reading definitely is entertainment for me as well but like with new TV shows and movies, you invest some of yourself in them and sometimes I just don't want to use that amount of brainpower after a long day. Usually a trip to the library after a few weeks or so fixes me right up :) I hope you're able to work out of your slump soon!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know I'm not the only person that encounters a reading slump!

      I hoping once I return home next month, my love for reading will return once I start doing my daily routine again.

      Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your away time! :-) Travel sometimes doesn't agree with reading at all, particularly if you are trying books that demand concentration. I hope you regain your reading mojo soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me a comment! Yes, traveling can sometimes alter reading for me.

      Delete