Thursday, February 21, 2019

Black History Month - Ngugi wa Thiongo - Kenyan Writer


Last year, I had the wonderful opportunity of hearing Kenyan writer,  Ngugi wa Thiong'o speak at the 2018 Bay Area Book Festival. Ngugi wa Thiongo  is one of the most prominent African writers today and has often been on the Nobel Prize's radar for quite sometime.

Since I had never even heard of Ngugi wa Thiongo prior to 2018, I thought it would be fitting to highlight his writing once again here on my blog! 

I still have his novel, Petals of Blood, in my 'to be read' pile at home waiting to be read!!

4 comments:

  1. I should add this to my lists. Does he write in English or are his works translated, do you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To the best of my recollection, Ngugi wa Thiongo use to write in English, but now writes in his native language and translates his own work into English.

      Delete