Saturday, April 16, 2016

The Girl With All The Gifts by M. R. Carey

Unabridged Audio Version
I recently finished listening to the unabridged audio version of The Girl With All The Gifts by M. R. Carey and narrated by Finty Williams from Audible. Playing time is 13 hours, 4 minutes.

I read nothing but good reviews about The Girl With All The Gifts by M. R. Carey online... And after reading the plot synopsis about this novel, I decided to give this novel a go as the story/plot sounded very intriguing to me.

I should start my review by adding that M. R. Carey is a new to me author. I would also like to add that I am normally not a science fiction fan or a science fiction genre reader as the science fiction genre normally doesn't interest me very much. So, I have mixed feeling about how much I liked or didn't like The Girl With All The Gifts by M. R. Carey.

I enjoyed the strong, well developed characters in The Girl With All The Gifts by M. R. Carey... As well as the plot and storyline for the most part. The first one-third and the last one third of The Girl With All The Gifts by M. R. Carey, were really engaging, but the middle of the novel wasn't as moving for me. 

The following is a plot summary of The Girl With All The Gifts by M. R. Carey from Audible:
Melanie is a very special girl. Dr Caldwell calls her "our little genius". 
Every morning, Melanie waits in her cell to be collected for class. When they come for her, Sergeant keeps his gun pointing at her while two of his people strap her into the wheelchair. She thinks they don't like her. She jokes that she won't bite, but they don't laugh. 
Melanie loves school. She loves learning about spelling and sums and the world outside the classroom and the children's cells. She tells her favorite teacher all the things she'll do when she grows up. Melanie doesn't know why this makes Miss Justineau look sad. 
The Girl with All the Gifts is a sensational thriller, perfect for fans of Stephen King, Justin Cronin, and Neil Gaiman.
I am giving The Girl With All The Gifts by M. R. Carey a rating of 3.5 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment