Thursday, June 27, 2019

Knitting My Other Hobby - Some of My Knitted Items @ the Alameda County Fair!!


Some of my blog readers may know that I am a knitter as well as an avid reader. I've been knitting for a little over 5 years now. This year, I decided to do something different and entered three of my knitted items to be displayed at the 2019 Alameda County Fair this year. I entered a hat, poncho, and a scarf with fringe.

I didn't win any ribbons for any of my handmade items I entered at the Alameda County Fair this year... And I'm fine with that! It was all about the experience of doing something new to me. 

I had a fabulous time viewing all of the crocheted, knitted, and other handmade items on display at the Alameda County Fair this past Friday with my husband.

Above is a photograph of me standing next to my blue knitted scarf with fringe. 

I am not posting photographs of the poncho or the matching hat I made as it was difficult to take a good shot of each item due to the way they were displayed.

4 comments:

  1. One of my very good friends is a knitter. In fact, she just joined a knitting club. Good for you doing a new thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There seem to be a lot of those knitting clubs out there and they do look like a lot of fun! I've never joined one though.

      However, I recently purchased 100% hand dyed, alpaca yarn from a local alpaca farmer and look forward to knitting with this yarn.

      Delete
  2. I didn't know you're a knitter! I also love to knit although lately I've been getting really into crocheting because I'm impatient and it feels so much faster. I recently finished my first large scale project (a blanket) and I'm eager to take on another.

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been knitting for 5 years.

      Funny you should write that you recently finished a blanket. I'll be starting a couple of baby blankets after I finish three works in progress.

      Delete