Monday, June 24, 2019

The Merman's Kiss by Tamsin Ley


I was in the mood for a paranormal romance novella, so I downloaded The Merman's Kiss by Tamsin Ley to my Kindle for FREE from Amazon. Below is my honest, unbiased review of The Merman's Kiss by Tamsin Ley.

Okay, I'm a sucker for mermaids (and mermen too!!) and the idea of a human woman having a romance with a merman sounded like it could be a fun romance story to read about. I have to give the author, Tamsin Ley, credit for her underwater world building as it was well done.... Otherwise, I wasn't overly impressed with The Merman's Kiss by Tamsin Ley. The main characters, Briana and Zantu, have a bad case of insta-love early on, which was an unrealistic way to begin a romance. The storyline was predictable with the usual drama that pulls the main characters apart and some major events that create tension in the storyline... But the typical happy ending happens... So no surprise there!!

Below is the plot summary for The Merman's Kiss by Tamsin Ley from Amazon:
A sexy, sleek-tailed monster.

Zantu has evaded the mate-bond for thirty-five years, dodging promiscuous mermaids with vile intents. Unlike mermaids, mermen bond for life, and Zantu refuses to accept the heartbreak most mermen die of. That is, until the glint of gold catches his eye, and a simple salvage mission turns to passion. Now he’s bonded to a human. 
A woman looking for a reason to live.

Briana thinks her life is over after the loss of her child. Instead, she falls into the arms of a merman who is anything but cold-blooded. He’s wild, seductive, and sets her blood on fire every time he touches her, and soon she begins to need him for more than his magic to breathe underwater. He might just give her a new purpose.
But as dangers encroach from every side, Zantu must choose; keep his new mate at his side or keep her safe.

Either way, he’s sure he’ll end up with a broken heart.
I thought The Merman's Kiss by Tamsin Ley was just okay. I am giving it a rating of 2 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

2 comments:

  1. I love mermaid stories too! I can see why you were attracted to it. Too bad it didn't measure up for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... Perhaps I'll find another suitable mermaid soon that works well for me.

      Delete