Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Even Tree Nymphs Get The Blues by Molly Harper



As an Audible member, I was able to download the Audible Original, Even Tree Nymphs Get The Blues by Molly Harper, to my Kindle for FREE! 

Listening time for Even Tree Nymphs Get The Blues by Molly Harper is 3 hours, 3 minutes.

Below is my honest, unbiased review of Even Tree Nymphs Get The Blues by Molly Harper.

Even Tree Nymphs Get The Blues is a paranormal romance novella and is part of the Mystic Bayou series. In fact, it is listed as the 2.5th read in this series. I have listened to another audiobook by Molly Harper, but it wasn't part of the Mystic Bayou series... It was titled, I'm Dreaming of an Undead Christmas and is part of the Half-Moon Hollows series.

I thought the narrators, Amanda Ronconi and Jonathan Davis, for Even Tree Nymphs Get The Blues by Molly Harper were good... However, that's the best think I enjoyed about this novella. The storyline, plot development, and characters were just so-so in my opinion. I will not continue with the Mystic Bayou series.

The following is the plot summary for Even Tree Nymphs Get The Blues by Molly Harper found on Audible:
A hilarious new standalone novella brimming with otherworldly charm from the reigning queen of paranormal romantic comedy Molly Harper!
Ingrid Asher is the newest resident of Mystic Bayou, a tiny town hidden in the swamp where shapeshifters, vampires, witches and dragons live alongside humans.
Ingrid doesn’t ask for much. The solitary tree nymph just wants to live a quiet life running her ice-cream shop in peace. Unfortunately, she can’t seem to shake her new neighbor, Rob Aspern, head of the League’s data science department and so good looking it just isn’t fair.
If there’s one thing Ingrid doesn’t need, it’s someone poking around in her business. But the more she gets to know the hunky mathematician, the more she finds herself letting her guard down. Can she trust him with her secrets, or will her past destroy everything?
I am giving Even Tree Nymphs Get The Blues by Molly Harper a rating of 2 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I like how her titles seem to be take-offs on other titles. I once read a novel by Tom Robbins called Even Cowgirls Get the Blues, one of my all time favorite books. That is also the title of a song recorded by Emmy Lou Harris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the 'title spin off' idea too. I've read other books that fall into that category and it does grab one's attention for sure.

      Delete