Friday, June 7, 2019

A Public Library Kind of Morning For Me!!



I haven't spent much time at our public library lately.
So, this morning I found myself at our local branch.
I arrived at 10:30am and found the San Ramon Public Library
already bustling with activity. 
Mainly, I found moms with young kids or kids and teens
by themselves making use of the public library.

It's lovely to see that our public library is being used
by the community and so soon after it opened on a week day morning.

I had a brief look around the library and also purchased a
couple of used books at the FOL Used Bookstore section
of the library before I finally found the perfect spot to read
on the second floor near the young adult section.
 
My view of the library from one of the comfy lime green and navy blue sofas
I spent my time reading more of The Italian Teacher by Tom Rachman while at the public library today. I've only
recently begun reading this novel and I am looking 
forward to seeing where it leads me.

As far as my used book purchases go... I grabbed a
copy of Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson (which has
been on my reading wishlist for awhile) and

The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher.


I spent approximately 60 to 75 minutes at the public
library today. I would have gladly spent more time reading there,
unfortunately the library had the air conditioner blasting
on high due to the hot weather we've been experiencing. 
I felt like I was sitting in an arctic zone, so I ended up leaving.

Do you spend time at your public library?

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I used to live in an apartment that did not have air conditioning. I would go to the library to read and cool off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you would have loved our library as the air conditioner was working full blast!! It felt good initially, but after a while it just grew too cold while I sat there reading my book.

      I do love our public library. It had been closed for two years due to remodeling and the library looks better than ever now. I should really spend more time there than I do.

      Delete