Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created here at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!
Each week we will post a new Top Ten list that one of our bloggers here at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All we ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.
1. Return to school this year and complete the paralegal certificate program through UC Berkeley before the year is up. New career here I come!!
2. Last year my goal was to read 100 books... This was a really ambitious goal. I read a lot of great books in 2015, but far too many of the books weren't that great to be quite frank about it. So, I'd rather focus on quality reads in 2016 as I may not have a lot of time to devote to reading for pleasure once I start the paralegal certificate program. So, I'd like to focus my attention on my 'to be read' pile and select the books that I've been really wanting to read for the past couple of years.
3. Continue to improve my knitting skills this year. My goal is to knit my very first sweater in 2016! I have already selected the pattern, the yarn and knitting tools already to make a sweater... So, here's to knitting my very 1st sweater this year.
4. Continue to strive for optimal health. I've been dealing with leaky gut syndrome for the past couple of years. I'm committed to healing my gut completely asap.
5. Implement the tools/techniques I learned while listening to The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg and Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity by David Allen.
6. Find a part-time job or volunteer position while attending school.
7. Visit the San Francisco Center for the Book in 2016. This was on my list of places to visit in 2015, but never made it to the San Francisco Center for the Book for a visit.
8. Buy no more books in 2016!! I have way to many books in my personal collection that I've yet to read. If I receive books as a gift that's another issue. I will gladly accept books into my reading repertoire. I made the resolutions of not buying anymore books as one of my resolutions in the past couple of years, but have yet to be able to keep my resolution. So, I am hoping that this year I can refrain from buying any more books or downloading freebies from Amazon until I've read more of books I currently have on hand.
9. Find new bookcases to house my permanent collection of books.
10. Start journaling again on a regular basis.