Thursday, January 14, 2016

Most of the Best Picture Oscar-Nominated Films This Year Were Based On Books!!

I read an article on Bustle titled 7 Out Of 8 Best Picture Oscar-Nominated Films This Year Were Based On Books by Emma Oulton. In her article, Oulton writes:
Book-lovers can sometimes feel totally alone among all our movie-obsessed friends — so the fact that seven out of the eight Best Picture Oscar nominees are (at least partly) based on books has me more than a little excited. At last, we can all talk about the same thing! You want to chat about The Martian? I got your back, buddy. You thought Brooklyn was great? Totally agree. For the first time, I can actually talk about the Oscar noms for hours.
It's always fun to see books made into movies and see how Hollywood interprets them for the world wide audience at large. 

I'm personally rooting for 'The Martian' and hope it wins the Oscar Award for Best Picture this year. Which movie do you hope will win the Oscar Award for Best Picture this year?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten to see Room or Revenant yet but even so, I with you! The Martian was SUCH a good movie (I've been watching it again and again over the past few days). I loved how they contrasted the MC's humor with the seriousness of the situation! Matt Damon is such a perfect casting choice!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to watch Room as well, but have been putting it off because I have yet to read the novel that I've had sitting in my 'to be read' pile for years now!!

      Delete