Saturday, January 9, 2016

7 Podcasts For Bookworms!

I've recently started listening to podcasts... I'm currently listening to the second season of Serial.

I recently discovered an article on Bustle's website titled 7 Podcasts Every Bookworm Needs In Their Lives by Amy Sachs. In her article, Sachs writes:
If you're addicted to books, when you think of popping in your headphones while you run, clean, or work out, chances are, you already have an audiobook or two lined up for every occasion. You can knock out another book from your ever-growing TBR pile, finish the book everyone's been talking about, and check another title off your reading challenge list, all from the comfort of, well, anywhere!
But since it's a brand new year, and we're currently all about resolutions, trying new things, and in general bettering ourselves, why not try something new? Audiobooks are amazing, for sure, but they can be pretty long. Instead, why not give a listen to one of the many bookish podcasts out there? It's like a book club you can attend in your pajamas, or from your desk at work. Trust me, you'll love it. 
Or, maybe the time between new Serial updates is too long for you, and you need a new podcast to pass the time. No matter what the reason, there's a literary podcast out there for you. From sc-fi readers to self-help diehards, here are seven podcasts bookworms will love.
The podcasts showcased Amy Sach's article look/sound awesome!! Click on the top link to see which podcasts made the list!!

6 comments:

  1. I am not too familiar with podcasts, but depending on the topic some of these might be interesting from time to time. Like you said, something different. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not to familiar with podcasts either. Last year, I decided to listen to the 1st season of Serial and loved it. I look forward to exploring more podcasts, especially if they pertain to books!!

      Delete
  2. I don't think I understand podcasts at all. Lol!!! I don't know where they even are? iTunes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too familiar with the ins and outs of podcasts either.

      Last year, I decided to listen to the 1st season of Serial and loved it. And I began listening to season 2 of Serial last month. Episodes for Serial are audio feeds... It's like listening to a prerecorded broadcast. I've been listening to each episode of Serial through their website, so haven't had to visit the iTunes site to find episodes of Serial.

      If interested in listening to podcasts for bookworms, click on the link that takes you to the above article. There is a link that takes you each of the 7 podcasts... Although I haven't had a chance to check each podcast link out yet, I am assuming each link will tell you where/how to find episodes for each podcast. I know for sure that the mystery podcast has links right on their site where you can play the episodes immediately.

      Delete