Thursday, September 24, 2015

Victoria: Daughter of Darkness by W. J. May

eBook Novella
I finished reading the ebook version of Victoria: Daughter of Darkness by W. J. May earlier this week. Victoria: Daughter of Darkness is a vampire/paranormal themed novella approximately 150 pages in length. Victoria: Daughter of Darkness is also the first novel in the series.

I was able to download Victoria: Daughter of Darkness by W. J. May for FREE to my Kindle. Below is my unbiased review of this vampire/paranormal novella.

I first came across the Daughter of Darkness series when I read and reviewed Blair (Daughter of Darkness Series Book 1) by Chrissy Peebles in July of this year. I enjoyed reading Blair (Daughter of Darkness Series Book 1) by Chrissy Peebles. It was in Blair (Daughter of Darkness Series Book 1) that I first came across the character of Victoria, who had a minor role in Blair (Daughter of Darkness Series Book 1). So, when I discovered that Victoria had a leading role her own series of books by W. J. May, I wanted to learn more about her character. 

First off, let me say right away that I love the cover art on Victoria: Daughter of Darkness by W. J. May. It's pretty badass and gives a pretty good feel/vibe/look at who the character of Victoria is really like!

As far as the story and writing goes, I wasn't very impressed with Victoria: Daughter of Darkness by W. J. May. I wasn't sucked into this novella, like I was with Blair (Daughter of Darkness Series Book 1) by Chrissy Peebles. I thought the character of Victoria was ruthless and rude and mostly one dimensional... Victoria came across as entitled. I also thought that W. J. May's writing was just so-so. Needless to say, I won't be going out of my way to read another book by W. J. May.

The following is a summary for Victoria: Daughter of Darkness by W. J. May from Amazon's website:
4 authors will each take a different daughter born from the Prince of Darkness, Vlad Montour. (Also known as Vlad the Impaler, an evil villain from history)

Blair – Chrissy Peebles
Jezebel – Kristen Middleton
Victoria – W.J. May
Lotus – C.J. Pinard

Victoria

Only Death Could Stop Her Now

The Daughters of Darkness is a series of female heroines who may or may not know each other, but all have the same father, Vlad Montour.

Victoria is a Hunter Vampire, one of the last of her kind. She's the best of the best.
When she finds out one of her marks is actually her sister she let's her go, only to end up on the wrong side of the council. 
Forced to prove herself she hunts her next mark, a werewolf. Injured and hungry, she is forced to do what she must to survive. Her actions upset the ancient council and she finds herself now being the one thing she has always despised -- the Hunted.

This is Tori's story by W.J. May. This is a novella. As a courtesy, the author wishes to inform you this novella does end with a cliffhanger. The next book coming out in early Autumn (or sooner) will continue the story.
I am giving Victoria: Daughter of Darkness by W. J. May a rating of 2 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

No comments:

Post a Comment