Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Blair (Daughter of Darkness Series Book 1) by Chrissy Peebles

I recently read Blair (Daughter of Darkness Series Book 1) by Chrissy Peebles. It is a novella approximately 58 pages in length that I downloaded to my Kindle for FREE from Amazon.com. Below is my honest review of Blair (Daughter of Darkness Series Book 1) by Chrissy Peebles.

Blair (Daughter of Darkness Series Book 1) is the first thing I've ever read by Chrissy Peebles. Frankly, I don't think I've ever heard of Chrissy Peebles before reading this novella. So, I was quite surprised at how well I enjoyed reading Blair (Daughter of Darkness Series Book 1) as I wasn't expecting much from the writing of an unknown author, but Chrissy Peebles' writing delivers... And this says a lot as I am not usually into vampire and paranormal romance books. 

I thought the writing style, story and characters were a fun mix. I look forward to reading the rest of the stories in the Daughter of Darkness series... I just hope the three other authors writing the different books in the Daughter of Darkness series are just as good at writing as Chrissy Peebles is at her craft.

The following is the plot summary for Blair (Daughter of Darkness Series Book 1) by Chrissy Peebles from the Amazon website:
4 authors will each take a different daughter born from the Prince of Darkness, Vlad Montour. (Also known as Vlad the Impaler, an evil villain from history)

Blair – Chrissy Peebles
Jezebel – Kristen Middleton
Victoria – W.J. May
Lotus – C.J. Pinard

Blair is half witch and half vampire. She lives with a coven of witches and hasn't had any contact with her vampire heritage. Blair is living the perfect life until one day, everything crashes down around her. She is forced to leave everything she knows and loves, and must go on the run to save her life.

This is Blair's story by Chrissy Peebles. This is a novella. As a courtesy, the author wishes to inform you this novella does end with a cliffhanger. The next book coming out in early July (or sooner) will continue the story.

***This is an adult book series and this series does contain scenes for readers that are 18+***
I am giving  Blair (Daughter of Darkness Series Book 1) by Chrissy Peebles a rating of 3.5 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Very good review, I'm adding this one on my Goodreads TBR pile! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! I hope you enjoy reading this novella as much as I did. Happy reading. :-)

      Delete