Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Happy 125th Birthday to Agatha Christie!!

Agatha Christie is one of my favorite authors. I've enjoyed reading several of her novels over the years and am currently reading a collection of short stories featuring Miss Marple at the moment, among other books as well.

Earlier today, I came across an interesting article on the India Today website titled Happy Birthday, Agatha Christie: 15 thrilling facts about the best selling novelist of all time

I was surprised to learn from the above mentioned article that Agatha Christie "qualified as a pharmacist in April 1927. Here, she acquired the knowledge of poisons that would later become an important part of her thrillers."

Click on the above link to read more interesting facts about Agatha Christie.

4 comments:

  1. I just read this article in another blog post about Agatha Christie: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2010/08/16/queen-of-crime?mbid=social_facebook

    Very interesting lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing the link with me. Happy reading and have a fabulous weekend ahead.

      Delete
  2. Agatha Christie was one of my favourite authors as a child! I loved her mysteries, and my favourite is probably The Murder of Roger Ackroyd! That was such an intriguing book with a huge plot twist which blew me away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to reread The Murder of Roger Ackroyd as I don't remember much about it!! Two of my favorite novels that Agatha Christie wrote are And Then There Were None and Curtain.

      Delete