Saturday, December 21, 2013

Speaking of Stories Presents on Audio CD

A couple of weekends ago, my husband and I attended a bookish related event called Speaking of Stories ~ Stories by Alice Munro. During the intermission, I purchased three audio compact versions of past stories read at previous Speaking of Stories events... One of the audio versions is a holiday gift and the remaining two audio versions were for my personal collection. 

I listened to both of the "Speaking of Stories Presents" audio versions last weekend and enjoyed listening to them immensely! 

The first "Speaking of Stories Presents" I listened to was titled "The Best of Holiday Chestnuts and Some Surprise!" on compact disc. I enjoyed the holiday themed stories. Six stories in all were included for "The Best of Holiday Chestnuts and Some Surprise!" and three of the stories were read by celebrities!! Jeff Bridges, Jill Eikenberry, and Michael Tucker each read a story.

The second "Speaking of Stories Presents" edition I listened to, was titled "from page... to the stage" and featured five stories in all. Each story is read by a different reader. Each story is pretty funny and I enjoyed listening to these stories as well.

What have you been reading or listening to these days? It is holiday themed or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment