Tuesday, June 30, 2026

Little Free Library in Lockford, California

 


On our drive home from Ione, California, my husband and I made a small detour to find a Little Free Library in Lockford, California. This LFL is adorable! I'm so thrilled we found it. Have you found any Little Free Libraries lately?

11 comments:

  1. LFLs are not really a thing where I live. I have, in fact, thought of trying to get the idea started here. I think people in my circle would be receptive to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try and see what happens! If you erect a Little Free Library, you'll have to share it with your blog followers!

      I'd love to start a LFL myself, but our condo's homeowner association is against having one.

      Delete
  2. Do you find a book every time you find a LFL?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, sometimes there isn't any books I want to read from a particular LFL. A lot of LFLs here cater to children's books or sometimes (on rare occasions) an LFL is empty.

      Delete
    2. Of course, I think people have more picture books in the house and then let go of them once the children are older.

      Delete
    3. Agreed! Plus, it's a good thing to promote reading in youngsters.

      Delete
    4. Always, the best future you can give them.

      Delete
    5. Reading is so important for youngsters.

      Delete
    6. And so many people don't get it and then blame everyone else if their children aren't doing well at school. One mother once said, yes, it's always the kids whose mothers are constantly in school (helping) who get the awards. And I thought, yes, while we go to school helping your kids, we also help our kids at home, so that's why they are better, they get more attention. She didn't work either but preferred going shopping or drinking coffee with friends instead of helping in school once a week.

      Delete
    7. Childhood literacy is in crisis here in the USA. I made a post about this topic in March of this year. Kids are reading far below national reading levels. It's not only affecting kids, but adults too. It's so sad really.

      Delete
    8. It's not just in the States (though the lady I mentioned was an American mother in an international school about thirty years ago), it gets worse everywhere. Such a shame.

      Delete