Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Top Ten Tuesday - Books Involving Food

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl. Top Ten Tuesday was originally created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Below are ten books related to food in some way. The first five books are ones I've read and really enjoyed reading. While the last five books are ones about food that I would like to read.

Below are five books I've read and loved that are focused on food!

1. The Fortune Cookie Chronicles: Adventures in the World of Chinese Food by Jennifer 8 Lee

2. The Story of Sushi: An Unlikely Saga of Raw Fish and Rice by Trevor Corson

3. Paris, My Sweet: A Year in the City of Light (and Dark Chocolate) by Amy Thomas

4. The School of Essential Ingredients by Erica Bauermeister

5. The Lost Art of Mixing by Erica Bauermeister

The following five books are ones that I would like to read that are focused on food!!

6. Our Fermented Lives: A History of How Fermented Foods Have Shaped Cultures & Communities by Julia Skinner

7. Chocolate Wars: The 150-Year Rivalry Between the World's Greatest Chocolate Makers by Deborah Cadbury

8. The Big Oyster: History on the Half Shell by Mark Kurlansky

9. Caviar: The Strange History and Uncertain Future of the World's Most Coveted Delicacy by Inga Saffron

10. Cod: A Biography of the Fish that Changed the World by Mark Kurlansky


Have you read any of the above books? If so did you like them? Let me know in the comment section below. Happy reading!

10 comments:

  1. OOh nice! These are all new to me ones! This started out easy for me, but then about halfway through I started struggling! Lol.


    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment. Happy reading!!

      Delete
  2. They sound like nonfiction, is that correct? I haven't read any. Nor heard of any.

    My TTT: https://laurieisreading.com/2024/09/03/top-ten-tuesday-books-involving-food/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two of the books listed are works of fiction and the rest are nonfiction.

      Delete
  3. Oooh! All of these books sound interesting! Great list!

    Here’s my TTT

    Rabbit Ears Book Blog: WORLD’S WEIRDEST BOOK BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I'd love to read the one about fermentation! I've been trying to make my own ginger beer at home; so far, not much luck, ahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck on making your own ginger beer at home! Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment.

      Delete
  5. That's an interesting - and pretty comprehensive - list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had fun making this reading list. I've read some good foodie related books. I also had fun discovering many other foodie related books I would love too read!

      Delete