Wednesday, March 13, 2024

The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty

 


I've been meaning to read something by Liane Moriarty for a number of years now. I finally listened to the unabridged audio version of The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty and narrated by Caroline Lee earlier this year. 

Listening time for The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty is 13 hours, 45 minutes.

I am glad I listened to The Husband's Secret as it's well narrated by Caroline Lee. I liked the storyline and plot details/twists for this novel as well.

The Husband's Secret is told through the viewpoint of three different women: Cecilia, Rachel, and Tess. It's Cecilia's husband that has a deep, dark secret he's hidden from everyone for decades... His secret finally comes to light in an unopened letter Cecilia discovers while he's away on travel. Cecilia debates whether or not to open and read the letter. But eventually Cecilia decides toopen the letter and wow, what a bombshell of a confession she learns from her husband through his letter. The information sets off a chain reaction like no other.

Rachel and Tess barely know Cecilia or each other, but the lives of all three women collide in an unimaginable way because of Cecilia's husband's secret.

I enjoyed the writing for The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty and look forward to reading another novel written by the author.

Below is the publisher's plot summary for The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty I discovered on Chirp's website:

Imagine that your husband wrote you a letter, to be opened after his death. Imagine, too, that the letter contains his deepest, darkest secret - something with the potential to destroy not just the life you built together, but the lives of others as well. Imagine, then, that you stumble across that letter while your husband is still very much alive… Cecilia Fitzpatrick has achieved it all - she’s an incredibly successful businesswoman, a pillar of her small community, and a devoted wife and mother. Her life is as orderly and spotless as her home. But that letter is about to change everything, and not just for her: Rachel and Tess barely know Cecilia - or each other - but they too are about to feel the earth-shattering repercussions of her husband’s secret.

I am giving The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty a rating of 4 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed this one. I haven't read any of her books yet, probably because domestic thrillers aren't my favorite kind of suspense books to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Domestic thrillers aren't generally novels I'm drawn to either. I wasn't even sure initially if I was going to like this novel as the 1st chapter is told from the pov of Cecilia and her personality seemed grating. I'm glad stuck it out as the storyline was pretty good.

      Delete