Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Beaufort, SC, Bans Five Books From School Shelves!

 


I admit that I don't understand the reasoning behind the majority of school/library book banning that parents (or the community at large) want to impose. 

I am against book banning. Students, or the rest of population for that matter, should be able to access to and be able to read all sorts of material any time they want.

I understand that not everyone agrees with my opinion and that's okay. Parents have the right to decide how to raise their own children and what their children have access to (ie books, etc.). I strongly advocate for parental rights. However, I DO NOT AGREE with the idea that a single parent or a small, select group of parents decide what is best for all children to read. 

If a parent doesn't want their children to read certain books from their school or public library, then they ave a right to limit what their child has access to from the school or public library. BUT don't ruin it for someone else's child by having the book banned because you don't agree that the book should be available to all children. That's what I mostly have issue with.

No comments:

Post a Comment