Saturday, September 16, 2023

Judgement In Death by J. D. Robb

 


Over the years, I've read a few books in the 'In Death' series by J. D. Robb and have enjoyed the ones I've read so far. I haven't been reading them in order of publication, just read whichever ones came my way. I recently listened to Judgement In Death by J. D. Robb and narrated by Susan Ericksenwhich I started in July and finished in August.

Although, I liked Judgement In Death by J. D. Robb overall, I felt it was a middle of the road read and that this series is becoming formulaic in terms of its characters and storyline. This is too bad as I have other novels in the series waiting to be read or listened to in the future. Susan Ericksen is a decent narrator... good, but not great. The characters need to pop more and not be so much the same old, same old... And as I've already mentioned the plot/storyline seems to be more formulaic with each read. 

Let's see what happens/how I feel after I read or listen to other books in the series I already have on hand before I decide to quit this series entirely or keep going with it.

Below is the plot summary for Judgement In Death by J. D. Robb from Chirp's website:

In an uptown strip joint, a cop is found bludgeoned to death. The weapon’s a baseball bat. The motive’s a mystery. It’s a case of serious overkill that pushes Eve Dallas straight into overdrive. Her investigation uncovers a private club that’s more than a hot spot. Purgatory’s a last chance for atonement where everyone is judged. Where your most intimate fate depends on your most intimate sins. And where one cop’s hidden secrets are about to plunge innocent souls into vice-ridden damnation…

I am giving Judgement In Death by J. D. Robb 3 stars out of 5 stars.

Until my next post, happy reading!!

4 comments:

  1. I read some of Robb's books several years ago but sort of went off him after a while. Maybe I should give him another chance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After I read a few of the other novels I have on hand by J. D. Robb, I'll probably skip on continuing this series.

      Delete
  2. Sorry this one was just a middling read. They're the ones I'd happily skip if I only knew beforehand. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm most disappointed with this read because I had enjoyed previous novels in this series much more.

      Delete